New Family Photo

New Family Photo

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spontaneous trip to Nini's House!!!

I was a bit hesitant to pack up and head to my mom's house...after all...we will be doing a fair bit of traveling over the next couple of weeks...BUT, what's one more trip, right? Aunt Allie called and said she had a special surprise for Lexie and she really wanted to give it to her rather than send it. With Russ working around the clock...I figured, "Why not?"!

Friday, after naps, I loaded the kids up and in no time at all we were at Nini's house! Aunt Allie came over for dinner and we played and played and played. Lexie sure does love to play with her Aunt Allie! Saturday morning, we picked up Aunt Allie and all of us headed out to Belden Village. I was on a mission to find Lexie and Olivia some shoes. Mission accomplished! Nini found a few things for the girls too!

Since we will be in Philly for Easter, Nini gave the girls their Easter gifts early. Lexie got a tub of blocks (to keep at Nini's house---she is really into building things right now) and some Dora DVDs (or dvdvs as she likes to call them). They should come in hand during our 7 hrs of travel for vacation!!! Olivia got a pair of shoes and a some headbands to go with the Easter dress I bought! After we fed the girls Saturday night, I headed out with a few friends from High School for dinner! It was great to get out and see some long time friends!

Sunday morning we met up with Aunt Allie again and had breakfast, stopped by the Tobins and played back at Nini's house...then it was time for lunch before we packed up and headed back home! Thanks again for a great weekend! See you in a few weeks---the girls will be staying with Nini while Russ and I go to Cancun!!!! Can't wait!

Playing with her new blocks...
...building some towers....
....stacking them with help from Aunt Allie
Soooooo BIG--look mom, no hands!!!
Time to go home...with her milk in one hand and her new Swiper figurine in the other, she is ready for the drive!


Thanks again for everything!!!

No comments: