New Family Photo

New Family Photo

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Family Ties

I can't remember exactly the last time I saw "Cousin Gary"...but I think it was at his wedding--which come to find out was 20 years ago this year!!!! (Gary and my mom are cousins...my grandfather and Gary's father are brothers...for all of you that were wondering.)

Gary and his family live in Carlsbad, which is about 35-40 minutes north of where we were staying in San Diego. I emailed him some time ago to let him know that we would be vacationing in the area and wanted to try to get together. He and Paulette were kind enough to have Russ, the girls and I over for dinner at their BEAUTIFUL home! We had a GREAT time catching up!!! Thanks so much for the hospitality! Hope we don't let another 20 years go by before visiting again!


This is the view of the pool in their backyard...and this picture doesn't do it justice! It was just so relaxing and peaceful!!!

Paulette got Lexie a few stuffed dogs to play with to keep her busy! She really wanted to go for a swim I think! We compromised and took her shoes off so she could put her toes in the water!
Our gracious hosts...Paulette, Gary and Megan pose for a picture with Russ and Lexie
Russ and I with the girls...and Gary with his youngest daughter Megan.
Melanie, their oldest daughter, joined in for this picture.
By the time we got to the car, Olivia was fast asleep!
Thanks again for a great time! We enjoyed our visit!

No comments: