New Family Photo

New Family Photo

Monday, February 21, 2011

All the King's Horses and All the King's Men....

It was a beautiful Sunday morning...and not necessarily the weather, but Russ didn't have to work, the girls were giddy and the house was full of giggles. We ate breakfast, played for a bit, then started to get ready for church. Once the girls were ready, Russ decided to take them down stairs so I could finish up uninterrupted. Seconds later, I heard a horrific sound---like the house was falling apart. Turns out, it was Olivia---she was on the landing of the steps and slipped and fell down the remaining 11 stairs while Russ tucked into the bathroom to blow his nose. My heart stopped and I think I skipped about 9 stairs on my way down to her! Russ grabbed her, but she was doing one of those 'crying without making any noise' kinda cries. I was terrified. In the 3.5 seconds that passed (which seemed more like 15 minutes) I thought about every possible scenario that could have played out. Was she okay, was she paralyzed, was Russ too hasty in picking her up, did she have broken bones...I couldn't help to think what ever it was, it was all my fault. She finally started to cry--and I mean C R Y...big tears and began to call out 'mamma'. I could breathe again, if only for a moment! She instantly had a knot on her head and of course was very clingy, but she was fine!

Shortly after the fall--but still ready to go to church!
Looking a bit dazed and confused, sporting her shiny goose egg.


"Wha' chu lookin' at?"
Cheese!
Lexie was so worried about her sister after the fall---but quickly forgot all about it once she was able to go to church and "see her friends". Once back at home she was fixated on her puzzles!
She sure does love her puzzles!!!!

No comments: