New Family Photo

New Family Photo

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Would you be her Valentine???

Since Lexie goes to a Christian based private school, they have certain restrictions when celebrating various holidays. For Valentine's Day, they were asked to keep Christian themes in their valentines to be exchanged with their classmates (there goes my idea of using the Mickey Mouse cards left over from last year!). The children were encouraged to make their own...with help from their parents of course! Luckily, we still have Aunt Allie's cricket machine which made our home made valentines much easier to create!


After cutting different shapes, sizes, and colors of hearts using the machine, Lexie helped to glue them on. We used the first Bible verse she learned and was tested on for the message on the cards. I think they turned out cute--but I am a bit biased!
Trying to finish her breakfast, but she was so excited to give her friends the cards she made, she was having a hard time concentrating! "Mommy, I'm so excited for the party at my school today!"

Hope everyone had a day filled with L O V E!!!

No comments: