New Family Photo

New Family Photo

Sunday, February 20, 2011

One Stitch at a Time

Lexie's school hosts a Spring Fund Raising event showcasing various vendors, baskets, and silent auction. Each class puts together a 'class quilt' to be auctioned off and apparently they are quite the money makers. After two emails from Lexie's teacher begging for help to put their quilt together, I decided to offer my assistance. She provided me with all the materials I needed for the front of the quilt which included a 'block' representing each child from the class...along with fabric to frame each block and additional material to connect all the blocks. Sounds much more complicated that it actually was. I am waiting for Mrs. Henderson to give me the batting and backing so I can finish the quilt...I may just have to bid on it after all of this work! It is coming together nicely so far--here is a sneak peek!

A hand drawn picture and written directions along with the material for the quilt. Each child made a 'block' using their hand print or finger prints during a class art project which was then transformed into some sort of animal.


The block in the center of the quilt which reads : "God made all things-Colossians 1:16" through the center of the rainbow

Lexie's block.
Another block showcasing one of Lexie's friends hand prints as an octopus.

Be sure to check back for the finished product---and to see if we have the winning bid at the auction!!!!

No comments: