New Family Photo

New Family Photo

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

First "major" Snow Fall

We finally got our first "major" snow fall here in Western Pennsylvania. While we have had a couple of inches here...and a couple of inches there...we finally got "enough snow to play in". It seemed like every morning Lexie would look out the window and ask if there was "enough snow" and on this particular day my response was "there is more than enough!". I think we got close to 9 inches which made playing fun...shoveling the driveway--not so fun. Luckily, our good neighbor Rege rode down on his quad and plowed the lower half for me---thanks to the drifts and the snow plows it was over a foot deep at the bottom of the driveway!

Getting ready to try out their new sled! They were so excited they didn't have to take turns--instead they could ride together! (Thanks Michael, Debbie, Marissa & Spencer!)
Since we don't really have many hills in our yard, I decided I would pull them around the neighborhood---what was I thinking? I could barely keep my footing, but they really seemed to enjoy the ride! Lexie tried to start a snowball fight---oy!
Lexie trying to traverse the snow...she was loving it!
Olivia--not so much! She had a hard time keeping upright-it was just a little too deep for her.
She loved "exploring in the snow".
I think she decided to eat her way through the snow since she was having difficulties walking through it.
Just as we were getting ready to head inside, Old Man Winter gave us a gentle push as the snow machine started up again!
Olivia wanted to make sure she told her daddy all about her big adventures outside since he missed out. (He had worked 21 of the previous 24 hours and needed a nap)
After waking daddy up from his nap, I made some home made hot chocolate for the girls to get them all warmed up. I think they liked it!
Lexie trying to get warm....
...and giving me a thumb's up!

No comments: