She isn't boastful, she doesn't brag...
she's always supportive and doesn't nag.
She's genuine, loving, and loads of fun,
she does what she can for everyone!
She doesn't ask for monetary things,
joy to my life, is what she brings!
Her feathers don't ruffle and she goes with the flow,
she brightens my day when I'm feeling low!
There is no agenda, or guilt trips...at all,
I treasure our conversations and can't wait for her calls!
She taught me the ropes, which so often I would tangle,
there were times...my neck--she would've loved to have strangled.
But she's patient and kind and let me figure it out,
after all...isn't that what being a mom is about?
That kind of mom...she is one of a kind,
I am blessed to call "that kind" of mom- MINE!
**********************************************
Being a mom is by far the most challenging, yet most rewarding job I have ever had! I feel so blessed to have a beautiful healthy daughter that is happy, energetic, and as close to perfect as a 19 month old can be! She doesn't throw tantrums or scream out in fits of rage...(keeping our fingers crossed that she does not ever do these things) she loves to cuddle, can entertain herself, and is genuinely a happy go lucky toddler! I can honestly say that if our second child is only 1/2 as pleasant as our first is...we will be EXTREMELY blessed!!!
I hope that every friend and family member of mine that is a mother, or about to be a mother, had the happiest Mother's Day to date! I was fortunate enough to be able to spend the day with my daughter and my mother (not to mention my grandparents and sister...and yes, Russ even made it home from Philly in time for brunch)!
1 comment:
I could barely make out the words from the mist in my eyes! And, for the record, YOU, too, are *That Kind of Mom*
Post a Comment