I decided to take Lexie to Canton on Thursday so I could free up more time on Friday for last minute preparations for our out of town visitors. We made a pit stop at Aunt Allie's so Lexie could visit and supervise the construction project they had going on. (My dad offered to help build a deck...yes he is a gluten for punishment). Luckily, Granny came along for the ride, so we were able to visit with her as well.
All of that supervising made Lexie thirsty...

We didn't want to stay long and impede the progress, so after a quick kiss good-bye from Granny....it was off to GG and Gpa's house!
(Here is a peek at the work that was done by the way...hope you are still able to move dad!)

Of course GG was waiting with open arms and a smile...and a new Dora book for Lexie! (I swear this woman is going to spoil my child rotten!!!) We unloaded the car and then it was off to play "ball" with Gpa. He spoiled all of us by making homemade pizza again!!! After dinner, I was going to head back home, but was so full and so TIRED...so I decided to stay at GG's too.
I got up early Friday morning (I was asleep by 9:30) and hit the road by 7. I didn't even wake up Lexie to say good-bye...but I knew she would be in good hands! She spent the day with GG while Nini was at work. Between kicking tomatoes across the kitchen floor that she had mistaken for balls and being "chased" by the Roomba...I think she had quite an adventure filled day!
Then it was off to Nini's for the second part of Lexie's fun filled weekend! She got to visit with one of our old neighbors, Mrs. Garlow...and of course no trip to Nini's would be complete without "doooooog"...a weekend with Oscar! That poor dog! She used to go straight for his nose...but I guess this weekend she was obsessed with his ears! At one point he hid under my mom's bed, but even that didn't stop Lexie!
Both GG and Nini couldn't get over just how good she was! They both commented about just how LUCKY Russ and I are to have such a well behaved child! Nini can't wait for her next visit alone with Lexie...and neither can I (she is coming to stay with Lexie when #2 makes his or her grand arrival)!!!
Thanks so much for all of your help! We couldn't have hosted this weekend without you!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment