
On Sunday, January 25 2009, my grandfather passed away at 79 years of age. He was just a few months shy of his 80th birthday. While he truly is in a better place, he has and will continue to be missed by those who came to know him. He was the kind of person that would do anything for you. He was filled with stories, opinions, advice and knowledge...all of which he shared. His love of flying and for aviation in general could spawn hours of endless stories. He was a hard working man that loved his family, his faith, and his friends. He had a way of reaching out to people and making them believe in themselves...inspiring them to do more or push a little harder. I can remember he would always tell me, "anything worth having in life takes hard work...and if it were easy, then everybody would do it." He was very active in his community and genuinely cared for people...he was a true gentleman and deeply cared for by all who knew him.
I am extremely lucky that I have had all of my grandparents around for this long and have learned so much from them...they have all played a huge roll in my life and I owe them many many many thanks! Though I am suffering a deep loss, I know how blessed I am!
1 comment:
That was beautiful Meg - your Grandpa was lucky to have such a wonderful granddaughter!
Post a Comment