New Family Photo

New Family Photo

Friday, January 9, 2009

Christmas in Kentucky- TAKE FOUR..I think!

About a week after Christmas we loaded up and headed south to spend a few days in KY. We made a pit stop our first night in Huntington to visit with some good friends...The Watsons! We had such a great time and Lexie enjoyed getting to meet Gatsby and Oscar! I don't know what I was thinking, but didn't get any of it caught on film! They were gracious enough to let us spend the night and Emily cooked us a wonderful meal...make that two!

The next morning we were off to see Granny, Grandpa, Dad and Miss Jennifer. Lexie was so excited to see everyone but hated to leave Miss Emily's house! Once we got settled in, she was ready to celebrate "Christmas" all over again! It was a great visit, but like always, too short!



Lexie picked out which one she wanted right away...problem was, there was 1/2 a room full for her! I swear...next year, we are going to celebrate a holiday that doesn't involve exchanging of gifts!



Lexie tackling her BIG present...she gets her da-da to help! (Notice how excited the Huxtables are in the background...I guess I should have cropped the picture!)



Lexie's very own AIRPLANE!!! THANKS Grandpa! (It makes all kinds of fun airplane sounds, music, and noise...noise...noise!)



After PRYING her off of the airplane...it was time to open another present...what could it be?


It is ELMO LIVE! Yes this little guy tells jokes, sings, dances, gives kisses, tells stories, and all kinds of FUN LOUD NOISES!!! I am seeing a theme here! Thanks again dad/grandpa! :)



And yes...there is more! I wasn't able to capture it on film when she actually opened this gift...and we haven't been brave enough to blow it up...but I am sure she is going to have a blast in this! (Our insurance premiums are paid up right Russ???)


If having her very own ball pit wasn't enough, check out this gift to complete her fabulous new kitchen.. (SORRY ABOUT THE STOCK PHOTO...but you get the idea)





Here is Lexie catching a few minutes of down time (they are very rare these days) with Granny!


Here is Lexie with Russ for her very first attempt being airborne!!!


We can't seem to keep her off of this airplane! SHE LOVE LOVE LOVES IT!!!



Not quite ready for a solo flight, she enlists the help of grandpa for a smooth take off and landing!


Flying sure is a lot of FUN!


Lexie takes some time away from her flying to talk shop with Great Grandpa-Don! Listen up Lexie...he's got some gooooood stories!



All of that flying and storytelling worked up an appetite.


Talking to grandpa before we had to leave.


Our Christmas travels have come to and end...I guess it was our own version of FOUR CHRISTMASES...thank God we didn't have to do it all in one day! Like I said before...it was great to see everyone and spend the holidays with MOST of our friends and family...but next year, we are staying put! I'm pooped! :)

No comments: