Since I had so much fun helping out at Lexie's school the last time, I jumped at the opportunity to help out again. This time, Lexie's teacher Mrs. Henderson was out of the class room so I had the pleasure of assisting Mrs. Kuhlman. It just so happened, I lucked out and was able to help on the same day that the Pre-school class was scheduled to "Run for Rhema". The Run for Rhema is a school fundraiser where students are sponsored to run with the proceeds benefiting the school. Needless to say, I had an absolute blast helping out and especially getting to see all of the kids run their little hearts out!
The kids were a bit disappointed to learn they would be running in the gym and not outside, but since it has been raining off and on all morning, the course set up outdoors was wet and the powers that be certainly didn't want the kids to slip and hurt themselves so made a makeshift course in the school gymnasium. They still had a great time!!

And they are off!!! There she goes!!!

Russ and Olivia were a part of the crowd to cheer on and support our little runner!

Round and round she goes!!!

One of the kindergarten classes came out to cheer on the runners.

Russ ran the last lap with Lexie. She was exhausted, but ran the whole time!

Post race celebratory popsicle. Sure did the trick!

Lexie was so excited she was awarded a medal!

Congratulations to all of the Rhema Pre-School Runners! We are all so proud of you!

Thank you to everyone that supported Lexie in her efforts to "Race for Rhema"! Special thanks to Aunt Debbie & Uncle Michael, Grandma Barbara, GG & Gpa, Granny, & Nini for your financial pledges!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment