New Family Photo

New Family Photo

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Lexie's First Day of School

Lexie has been talking about going to school all summer long...and while it seemed like the summer was never going to end, we couldn't believe how quickly her first day of school came up on us! She was so excited, I was a big ball of nerves for her--though I don't know why! She saw the building, the buses, and all the other kids...and couldn't wait to get out of the car!
We walked her into her classroom and she was instantly in heaven! There was no turning back, no tears...it was as though Russ and I were non existent! SHE LOVES SCHOOL!!!

Here's a picture of Lexie's School. Rhema Christian school has classes starting from PreS-8th grade!

Here is our big girl in the car on the way to school!

Posing with daddy just before going into her classroom!
Holding daddy's hand skipping into school!

I have to confess, the smile on her face made my heart melt...and ease my nerves at the same time, though I did shed a few tears as we climbed back into the suburban and drove off without our little girl!!!

No comments: