It has been a looooooong process finishing our basement, but there is a light (literally) at the end of the tunnel! Russ completed all the lighting in the main room while I have been working on the ceiling. Once Russ snapped the grid in place, I was able to pop in the tiles. The fun part has been cutting all the border pieces! How did I get stuck with that job??? Anyways, the cabinets for the bar have been installed and my dad is coming this week with the bar top and to help us with the last bit of electrical work and trim. The carpet is supposed to be here wednesday or thursday and the shower enclosure was completed today! It is reallllly starting to take shape now...we just hope, scratch that-PRAY everything works out according to schedule! We don't have much time before our holiday guests arrive! The first group of guests roll in on Saturday, then Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Turkey Day! Keep your fingers crossed!

We are anxiously awaiting the removal of the posts in order to have the carpet installed...neither task is something Russ nor I are willing or able to do!

A "working" view from behind the bar, complete with a mini-man fridge!!

Let there be light!!!! Look at that drop ceiling! This is what we meant by not your "typical grandma and grandpa drop ceiling"...no offense g-ma and g-pa!

I had to throw this pic in for good keeping! It's beginning to look a lot like the holidays!!!! It has been snowing for the last two days! Luckily, the ground is still pretty warm and it hasn't been sticking!
Wish us luck on the last final push to get this basement finished! I promise to post pictures of the before and after as soon as the after is completed! It really doesn't seem possible that we are this close to having it done! I can't wait!!!
1 comment:
The basement looks great!! I can't wait to see it in person! See you Monday :)!!!
Post a Comment