New Family Photo

New Family Photo

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mommy Goes Back to School???

Mrs. Kuhlman, Lexie's preschool teacher's aide, was scheduled to be out of the class for the day with her own 'student' for a college tour...leaving Mrs. Henderson to fend for herself. She emailed the parents looking for help and since Russ had the day off, I jumped at the chance to head back to school! What an exciting morning!




Mrs. Henderson helping some of the kids clean up after 'free time'.
Lexie was picked to be the line leader/helper...this is quite possibly the highlight of her school days. She loves being the line leader and special helper!!! They were reviewing the days of the week and what day it was.
The class is working on completing their very own "Brown Bear Brown Bear What do You See" paper bag book. The kids enjoyed their one on one time at the craft table to sponge paint the animal for the next page in the book.

The finished pages arranged so they can dry.


After completing the page in their books, Mrs Henderson asked me to read a book to the class so she could get things cleaned up and ready for the next activity. After the story, a few kids were asked which songs they wanted to sing...Lexie got first pick.
They all marched, flew and skipped around the room--it was quite a sight to see.
After acting out Jesus Loves Me, I'm a little Tea Pot, and reciting the Alphabet song, Mrs Henderson read the class a book about a dancing giraffe while I prepped for the next craft---you guessed it...the class made giraffes!
All of the students were in attendance for the first time in weeks---15 in total!!! I didn't really know what to expect, but the experience far exceeded those expectations! It was really interesting to see the kids interact, their different personalities, how quickly they adapt to changes, and how structured the class is. It was a wonderful opportunity...and even though I had to help clean up after one of Lexie's classmates that didn't quite make it to the bathroom, I would volunteer to help out again in a heart beat!

No comments: