New Family Photo

New Family Photo

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Over the Clouds and Through the Jetbridge to GG & Gpa's we GO!!!!

Whew! We did it! We made it to Florida...I was going to put "I did it", but it was a group effort, so I can't take all the credit--the girls were GREAT for my first solo trip via the friendly skies! They are seasoned pros when it comes to flying, but this was our first trip without the help of daddy!

In any event, after deplaning for our turkey-day visit, we were greeted by GG and Nini at the airport! Lexie couldn't wait to get in the pool and start splashing around! The water was warm, the sun was out, the weather was perfect...we were having a great time! The only thing missing was Russ--though he would be joining us later!

The spectacular view from the lanai at GG and Gpa's

Olivia enjoying the views and some breakfast

GG keeping a close eye out for the alligator while Lexie enjoyed her breakfast outside...did I mention it was snowing back home?

We spent a couple of hours a day (typically in the morning) over at the pool...then it was lunch, followed by naps...and if we were lucky, an afternoon jaunt back to the pool. The girls and I sure were having a ball!


Swim, swim, swim!!! Nini and Olivia taking a break from the water

No rest for Nini...back in the water with Lexie---she just LOVES the water
Drying off to head back for a nap...I think she would have stayed in the pool all day if I let her!

Turkey day was upon us and GG put together a lovely spread...she even invited Granny down to join us for our Thanksgiving meal! Shortly after we were done eating, Granny and I loaded up the girls and headed north up to Tarpon Springs.

We have so much to be thankful for!

No comments: