New Family Photo

New Family Photo

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

All Work and No Play

We have been so busy with the basement that I haven't had the time to post any updates. I think the folks at Home Depot were beginning to think I worked there, so I decided not to make the daily journey or set foot in the basement today. Instead, I focused on cleaning the rest of the house for all of our guests this weekend!

We are further ahead on our "little" project than what Russ and I expected thanks to looooooong hours of hard work, and a weekend visit from grandpa! While my dad's house in Houston was being ravaged by hurricane Ike, he was here to help us tile the bathroom and assist us on a few other projects! We can't thank him enough for all of his hard work and valuable insight! We definitely learned a great deal this weekend! Here are a few pictures of all the progress that has been made!


Russ working on the suspended ceiling. As you can see we have already started panting the walls...they are about 75% of the way done!!!


Here is our fabulous new shower!! Thanks DAD for doing such an amazing job! Russ and I can't decide if we like the paint we selected. He wanted a "fun" color...something that would pick up on the tempered glass accents...I think it kinda looks like someone smeared mint chocolate chip ice cream all over the walls! We may be heading to Home Depot for a little bit less "electric" looking hue!


It was a pizza party for the USC vs OSU game. Lexie couldn't help but steal a bite from her pawpaw.



It was a depressing loss, but Lexie is still a fan the morning after the game!



The visit wasn't long enough for Lexie! Here she is giving her grandpa kisses...she misses him already and can't wait for him to come visit again! (We promise, we won't work you like a dog on your next visit dad!!)

No comments: